Address details


Down Syndrome NSW
Level 6/410 Church St, North Parramatta
9am-5pm Monday - Thursday
T: 9841 444


Friday 8 May 2009

Lives Lived: The lesson of Lewis Silverstein

This article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Lives Lived column is a nice tribute to a much loved brother.

Michael Silverstein talks about his brother Lewis's life, and concludes:

For more than five decades, my little brother exercised a great and wonderful power over me and my family. He selected people into our lives. Those who found it difficult, uncomfortable or unrewarding to deal with him moved on. But those who had time for us or those who found a place in their hearts for him brought gentleness and spirituality into our lives. His neighborhood became our neighborhood, and simple joys and kindnesses became more precious than great wealth and those things it might purchase.

I miss him terribly already, but I thank God I was able to share 52 years with the little fella.

No comments: