Address details


Down Syndrome NSW
Level 6/410 Church St, North Parramatta
9am-5pm Monday - Thursday
T: 9841 444


Wednesday 31 July 2013

Self advocates have spoken at the NDSC Convention

From the (US) National Down Syndrome Congress's annual Convention held in Denver, Colorado, last weekend:
Our self advocates have spoken, and what they have to say is very important. Read the Self Advocate Resolution passed at our convention.

National Down Syndrome Congress

SELF ADVOCATE RESOLUTION

I have Down syndrome, and it is important to me that I am able to enjoy life to the fullest.

I want to volunteer, work and be seen as a productive member of society.

I want to spend leisure time with my friends and family and have lots of fun.

I want to be welcomed and have a place in community activities.

I want to live as independently as I can and make my own decisions.

I want access to a good education and opportunities for life-long learning.

I have Down syndrome, and I am proud of who I am!

Adopted Denver 2013

No comments: